outdoor fun

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Scissor Fiasco!

(Mommy)...So while I was busy in the bathroom, I hear Timmy yelling to me.... "Mommy, look at how handsome my hair is." So of course I finish doing my business and come out and find this.



So, I had to use the number 2 on the buzzer, with the shortest blade selection. He asked me if he was going to be bald and I pretty much told him yes, and if I had to buzz Lilly's hair, then I would shave all of his off!!!

It turns out that Timmy, after cutting his own hair, gave (shared) the scissor with dear Lilly, who proceeded to do this to her hair.

Need I say how upset I was. She had the perfect hair. It was fine, but thick and I could pretty much do anything to it. French rolls, braids, cute little things....And when it was wet it was passed the middle of her back.

This was all the locks that fell on the floor. I don't know how much I had to cut off, but it was crazy. I really tried to do an a-line, but I couldn't get it to blend with where she cut it off, so I finally decided to buckle down and just cut it off.
The evidence....The incriminating scissors and the locks of hair found in the half-bath.
Lilly's saved lock of hair from her first haircut. Which I may have already lost.
Lilly's back of the head shot. Not too bad. But I told her we would be wearing a lot of flowers and headbands.
I don't think she was near as sad about the short hair as I was... When daddy came home....he said she looked like Peter Pan....Lilly lauhged and said in a singsong voice.... " I look like Peter Pan. He he he."
ken also said when he came home... "well, I always wanted another boy!" I am glad I was able to keep the top long. And everyone says all kids cut their hair at least once, so I am hopefull that this will never happen again, unless it is planned by me. :)

9 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Hey Amy!! I like the short do. She looks cute. I hate it when they cut their own hair especially when they are old enough to know not to.

Sally said...

i'm dreading the day i have to do that! so far the only occurrence was when i forgot to put the shield on the clipper when i was giving sam a haircut... so it was MY fault! i can't believe how big they both are! has it been that long! seriously, my jaw dropped when i saw them look so grown-up!

Boom Baby! said...

OH my goodness! They are cute none the less! :)

Anonymous said...

Hiya.
Well after that incident, I have to say, now you know what a day in the life of me is like! Oh, and by the way, you don't know me, but I am a really nice guy. Please check out my blog at 'wimpykid182010.blogspot.com'. Can I follow you on FriendConnect? Go onto my blog, and you can comment a reply. Let me know ASAP.
wimpykid182010

Question Answer said...

Hi buddy, I want to show gratitude for writing such a good feature article, really will support me out in frequent ways, I am thinking to subscribe my email to you blog, so that I can have latest updates every time you make them happen.

Belle said...

peterpan indeed aww that's really so cute! hahaha!

Delicious Recipes said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
http;//www.mypartycelebration.com

hapi said...

Hi Timmy, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Unknown said...

My friend's 4 year old has done this recently. What's worse, is she did it to her little sister's hair too! It's all right for the older girl who likes short hair but the 2 year old was rather upset. Please, please, please don't let my kids do anything similar! I've escaped so far... lol