outdoor fun

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Adventure continued.

On Sunday we went with the cousins to see the Mormon Batallion Visitors Center.  It was really fascinating.  We panned for gold, went in a covered wagon, watched a movie with ghosts in it... and had a lot of fun.  We learned a lot about the early Mormons who came to California and all the struggles and problems that they had, but how they triumphed over them all.  They were pretty brave.

Panning for gold with cousin Nikki.

Being part of the batallion, and getting all dressed up for it.  They really didn't have much.  Their shoes wore out and it took longer than they thought, but they still marched even when the United States hadn't been very nice to the Mormon people.

All of us looking for gold.  We were able to take some home.

In the covered wagon.  There sure isn't a lot of room in here.  Where would Lilly and I put all our toys?


A lot of the cousins had to leave on Sunday, but our family stayed a day longer.  So on Monday we went back to Sea World.  Mommy has a tradition of buying a pearl wherever they go on vacation if she can find them, so I got to have one too.  I didn't want Mommy to take my picture, but I did have fun watching them open the oyster and find the pearl.

You could pick your own oyster from the bucket and then you tapped on the oyster three times and said, ALOHA and then they rang a bell.  After that they cut it opened.  My pearl was really pretty.

We had a delicious lunch of Ribs from the restaurant.  It was so tasty.

And we even shared a shamu cookie.  We had one of these when I was here last for my birthday.  It was fun to eat it again and I think it was just as yummy!  I am holding my new sword, but I lost it a little later.   I was pretty sad about that.

I didn't want to be left out from finding a pearl in an oyster, so Mommy let me pick hers out!

And of course you can't go to Sea World without seeing Shamu and his show.  It was so cool.  He sure eats a lot of squid and fish.

I was getting a little tired so I sat on Daddy's lap.  We were down where we could get splashed, but we didn't really get wet.

What does S. O. S. stand for anyway?  Sick of Sand?

Mommy always says we add a little "spice"to her life.  Now here is the proof. 

Seeing the penguins was fun.  This guy was furry, and didn't even waddle very much.  We had so much fun.  We loved Sea World and would really like to visit there again someday!

Oh.  I almost forgot.  Mommy and Daddy's big problem on the trip was that their suitcase fell out on the freeway.   Daddy went back to look for it, but it was gone.  We were all pretty sad.  It had our favorite books... George and Silvia and Over the Rainbow and the Book of Mormon in it, but it was a good lesson too, because things can always be replaced but not people.  Mommy was Very grateful that the camera wasn't in the suitcase!  Even with all the commotion we all had a fun time with family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Local gas stations and convenience stores appear to be newport cigarettes experiencing an uptick in sales over the last couple of weeks as the Oneida Indian Nation’s supply of mainstream brand cigarettes dwindles.But earlier this year Kinley Tshering, then a media consultant in the capital, Thimphu, discussed with friends over drinks the jailing of a Buddhist monk for three years for possessing $3 worth of tobacco, one of the first to be prosecuted under a new law banning public smoking cheap newport cigarettes.